In-Home FREE CONSULTATION
I use the following modalities both individually or in combinations during a massage session based on the client's unique situation - to relieve pain, relax muscle/group, and improve range of motion:
* Therapeutic Touch
* Trigger Point
* Lymphatic Drainage
From newborns in their first months, to hospice patients in their final days, and all stages inbetween I have enjoyed helping people improve their quality of life.
IN HOME FUNFIT TRAINING (especially) FOR SENIORS:
Are you or a loved one lacking the 'ol get-up-and-go? Do the phrases "why bother" or "I'll get to that later" all while you mindlessly stare at TV shows sound familiar? Do you hate the idea of "workingout" but acknowledge that a little tuning up if it wasn't too hard might be OK? I believe that weight loss/fitness gain is always best when it feels much more like play than work. Every person is unique, and I construct client's program with the highest focus on peace of mind and joy of spirit. Where the mind goes the body will follow.
FUNFIT AT WORK GROUP TRAINING:
Get employees up and moving for their health, and the health of your company. The computer age and long commutes have brought about a very seditary society. You can help your business and your employees regain their energy, vitality and positive self image, which has been proven to decrease absenteeism and accidents, while improving quality and morale. Sessions are time and activity tailored for your business needs. Guaranteed to get even the crustiest of workers to lighten their step and smile. Special Occasion or scheduled repetitively. Call for a price quote.
Any highly repetitious activity - working at a computer, on the cellphone, practicing a musical instrument or sewing for numerous hours each day perfecting an activity can develop chronic problems simply called Repetition Injuries in the HANDS, ARMS, BACK, SHOULDERS, NECK and HEAD. Chair massage is a wonderful turn-up for all of these areas, and it has the added benefit of minimal disrobing.
Regular Exercise & Massage Therapy both offer similar benefits:
* Reduce mental and physical stress
* Lower blood pressure
* Increase circulation
* Increase joint mobility
* Relieve constipation
* Promote fuller/deeper breathing
* Increase mental and physical alertness
* Restore muscle function after intense use
* Restore a more cheery disposition
Massage: Traveling Table or Chair $85 per hour
Personal Training: $45 per hour
* massage and fitness combo $85 (hr) - $105 (hr & 1/2)
* Please call for discounted group rates
* Gift Certificates available for birthdays, holidays, or just a wonderful way to say "thank you"...with a thoughtful gift.
Insurance coverage with Dr.'s prescription for motor vehicle
accidents or workers compensation injuries.
How to Prepare for a Home Massage:
* Think about where in your home a space of approximately 8ft. x 6t. that would be comfortable for both you and a therapist. Often a living room, family room, or den, but I have worked in all manner of settings. You may want to have some soothing music playing.
* During the massage session you will be completely covered by a full sheet, exposing only an arm, leg, or back that is being worked on. Private areas are never exposed. You are always welcome to remain fully clothed to your comfort level, however some modalities work better with clothing than others. I always step out of the massage area while the client is getting on the table, unless the client's current handicap requires my assistance.
* If using the massage table is difficult or impossible for the client, other arrangements such as chairs or hospital beds can be used effectively.
* The lotion that I use is Biotone Advanced Therapy lotion or gel which are high quality all natural products containing Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Aloe. You are always welcome to provide your own prefered lotion or oil for use during your massage.
* Each client is unique, therefore one may want a deep massage, another medium, and yet another a light touch or energy work only. It is always best to let me know what you are hoping I will accomplish during the massage session.
* Discussions of a suggestive/sexual nature are inappropriate.
How to Prepare for an at work chair massage session or group fitness:
* Chair massage: may be either in an office out of the way or in a lobby or lunchroom area. For fitness - any space where the number of people can swing their arms without colliding.
I hope that this web site has been helpful. Wishing us all ever-increasing joy and health!
- Cyndi Mendell, LMMT, CPT
Cyndi Mendell - Education & Association:
Santa Fe Community College, Gainesville, FL - Grad. 1993
Florida School of Massage, Gainesville, FL - Grad. 1994
Nationally Certified Therapeutic Massage: 1994
Nationally Certified Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork: 2006
American College of Exercise, Nat'l Certified 2006
American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) 1994 - 2006
International Massage Association (IMA)2006 - 2010
Certified Medical Massage Therapist - 2010